Village Green Perennial Nursery has a mission to inspire the neighborhoods of White Center and West Seattle by providing the very best resources available to create the sustainable outdoor living space of our customers’ dreams. Village Green strongly believes that intelligent and informed customer service will bring that mission to our community. In a setting that provides a showcase for local artists, musicians, and community events, Village Green stands alone.
Village Green Perennial Nursery was founded by Teresa Romedo over 30 years ago. In 2003, she passed the torch to Vera Johnson, who has owned and operated the nursery ever since. Read Vera’s story here.
Our vision and mission:
Inspire. Educate. Create.
This year Village Green will introduce a new vision to our neighborhood. We will bring together local artists and local businesses to provide a space that will harvest creativity and community. We will host music and events for everyone and provide a space for special, private events like weddings and celebrations. Village Green is looking forward to its continuing partnership with local restaurants in providing a chef’s garden to supply seasonal menus. We will begin a physical transition at Village Green as well, expanding the gardens and transforming the property into a showcase of possibilities. Of course we will, as always, offer the best plants, the best growing advice and the best products to help our customers create the space of their dreams.
1. To be an educational resource for the gardening community by providing classes, such as:
- Composting and fertilizer/amendments
- Native plant restoration/erosion control
- Bio-char, low carbon cook stoves
- Kids gardening classes
- Summer art camp programs
- Pottery classes
2. Become a sought out venue for weddings and special events, teachers and concerts, local artists and community organizations
3. Collaborate with local businesses and continue to foster sustainable growth and alliances in our neighborhood